Post and Courier
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Post and Courier’s Columbia Team and Free Times together seek a dynamic sales and business development professional to serve as a Multimedia Account Executive (outside sales) within our advertising team. Through this role, the Account Executive is responsible for selling multimedia advertising into Free Times’ portfolio of products; exceeding monthly and quarterly sales goals within an assigned territory or client list; developing new business through extensive sales calls and conducting sales assessments; and providing quality service to advertising clients.
- Serve as lead outside salesperson within designated sales team, with primary duties of daily selling and account management primarily through outbound sales activity and in-person meetings
Serve as outside seller on sales team, conducting door knocks, need analyses, in-person sales proposals, in-person client meetings, etc.
Focus will be on acquisition of new business and/or long-term contracts
Achieving assigned monthly sales goals through upselling, prospecting efforts and new business development
Participation in sales of specialized or targeted products, such as sticky notes, magazines, digital advertising, search engine marketing, etc.
Growing number of active accounts within the assigned territory or client list
Increase financial investment per client over a period of time
Generate and follow-up on sales leads; identify key decision makers
Create multimedia advertising proposals for prospective customers as needed
Collaborate with product specialists in presenting needs-based solutions to clients
Work with staff designers to generate concepts and ensure message accuracy for advertising creative for respective clients
Track all prospecting efforts and sales in Hubspot CRM tool
Attend staff and sales team meetings as required
Represent Free Times at company events or at community events and/or networking opportunities as needed
· Perform other duties as requested by management.
Requirements, minimum education level, and experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
1-2 years of sales, marketing, media or business development experience
Proven track record of excellence in sales/sales support
· Dependable transportation and a valid South Carolina driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong and persuasive verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent time management and organizational skills
· Strong presentation skills, interpersonal, problem solving and customer service skills also required
· Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite; including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Physical Requirements: Close eye work, continuous sitting, constant walking, standing, light to moderate lifting 15-30 pounds (per safety policy).