Moultrie News/Island Publications
POSITION DESCRIPTION: As a Media Sales Specialist, you’ll help to provide integrated print and digital advertising solutions to ensure client success and account growth.
- Achieve sales targets set forth by print, digital and advertising leadership.
Cultivate new business both self-generated and collaborate with team members to grow existing customer business accounts.
Provide pre-sales and post-sales support to ensure campaigns sold are fulfilled, including building presentations, planning both at the rep and client level.
Pull and review performance reports for both internal and external parties.
Develop relationships to serve as a trusted consultant with customers to optimize their media digital advertising.
Understand and adapt to ongoing product mix ensuring you are the go to person on your team for all things print, digital/media.
Manage multiple sales opportunities and projects.
Responsible for achieving media sales goals for given area of responsibility that includes correct forecasting and pipeline management.
Implement sales strategies to achieve revenue goals of the team.
Expand existing customer base to generate new media/digital revenue.
Review customer needs analysis to determine the best mix of media/digital products.
Meet with key clients, negotiate and close deals.
Exceeds sales targets both individually and at team level.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements, minimum education level, and experience:
· BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
· 1 to 3 years of online sales, business-development experience and digital advertising sales/marketing a plus, but not necessary
· Salesforce, PowerPoint, Excel experience
· Proven track record of success in growing new account base growth.
· Superior presentation, interpersonal & communications skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to work independently, managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
· Strategic initiative: ability to identify issues, develop-recommendations, communicate ideas and implement solutions.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to remain poised in difficult situations.
· Possesses an understanding of business strategies, culture and work to achieve desired results.
· Ability to execute work beyond the scope of this function and provide analysis and advice in non-routine, project-related areas.
· Curious and questioning; willing to challenge assumptions in a manner that adds value.
· Statistical data analysis as necessary
· Skilled in problem solving and decision making.
Physical Requirements, Work Environment and Travel:
Close eye work on computer, continuous sitting, constant walking, standing, light to moderate lifting 15-20 pounds.
The worker is frequently subject to inside environmental conditions, which provide protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. However, the worker is also sometimes subject to outside environmental conditions while meeting with clients outside of the office.
Limited local travel is required.