POSITION DESCRIPTION: This position will lead the Post and Courier Myrtle Beach/Georgetown advertising sales team, including daily management of team and developing strategy to achieve team’s revenue targets.
· Oversee Advertising Sales Team, providing day-to-day management and strategizing with team members to reach team’s revenue objectives.
· Serve as on-site manager for Georgetown office and staff.
· Serve as active seller within the team’s account list; including outbound sales calls, prospecting, client management, etc.
· Assist Chief Revenue Officer in tasks and projects for overall advertising department as needed
· Train Advertising Sales Team on sales techniques and use of Hubspot CRM and other systems.
· Spend significant time in the field coaching sales team and driving sales.
· Monitor sales calls to ensure customer service levels and sales productivity.
· Apply critical sales techniques such as needs assessments, closing, presentations, and market data to creating ROI’s for each client scenario.
· Maintain excellent customer relationships.
· Grow revenue from existing accounts and help businesses grow by learning more about their needs and presenting digitally focused multimedia solutions.
· Meet assigned monthly goals.
· Prospect, forecast and plan for future business.
Utilize CRM platform Hubspot and other tools to record, track and plan client activity.
Attend relevant sales and strategy meetings as assigned.
Serve as back-up to vacant positions on Advertising Sales Team
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements, minimum education level, and experience:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent sales experience required
· Four years outside sales experience
· Strong commitment to customer service
· Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable automobile, proof of insurance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Experience using CRM system
· Knowledge of newspaper advertising, circulation, and marketing strategies
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Effective communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
· Ability to learn other required software quickly
· Strong work ethic and passion for the job and its opportunities
Physical Requirement, Work Environment and Travel:
Regularly required to sit for long periods of time; close eye work on computer screen; required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, bend and stoop; light to moderate lifting 15-30 pounds.
The worker is frequently subject to inside environmental conditions, which provide protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes, and is sometimes subject to outside environmental conditions.
Limited local travel may be required.