Assist in the make ready and operation of various packaging equipment.
1. Properly set up and operate some packaging machines, and work press lines.
2. Responsible for moving pallets, cages, and inserts.
3. Ensures correct packages, correct bundle counts, and quality of product.
4. Report problems to Packaging and Distribution supervisor.
5. Perform other duties as assigned my management
Requirements, minimum education level, and experience:
High school diploma or equivalent
One to three months related work experience, preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must be a team-player
Good communications skills
Positive, energetic personality
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions
Ability to stand in one place for long periods of time
Ability to follow and carry out instructions independently
Ability to work a flexible schedule—to include nights/weekends/holidays
Be able to work safely around moving machinery and equipment
Physical Requirements, Work Environment and Travel:
Must be able to stand for the shift duration and do physical maneuvers such as bending, stooping, and lifting 25-50 lbs. (per safety policy). Must be able to push and pull loaded carts.