POSITION DESCRIPTION: Position requires a highly motivated, self-driven person with problem-solving, organizational, and communication skills to direct all circulation functions for Aiken Communications. Candidate is responsible for working with contractors to deliver products to home delivery subscribers, single copy racks and dealer locations; manage mailing lists, manage flow of money, manage expenses, oversee circulation records, and work within the computerized customer management system. Create a plan to grow distribution within a manageable footprint that include increasing and retaining circulation.
- Daily coordination of contractors and accounts for optimum sales at all times.
- Ensure all positions are filled, valid contracts on file, and properly bonded.
- Manage staff with scripts and training to provide excellent customer service.
- Keep current on postal changes
- Manage single copy and returns.
- Complete all required reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to react swiftly to change and productively handle other essential duties as assigned.
- Possess excellent managerial, leadership, interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills (written and oral).
- Possess working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Perform all duties with the utmost ethical standard.
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to display good judgment, attention to detail, be methodical, and have flexibility. Be able to work under pressure during peak times. Should have good organizational abilities and reflect a driven, professional attitude.
Requirements, minimum education level, and experience:
- A minimum of eight years’ experience in circulation management
- Must have reliable transportation and current driver’s license