The Post and Courier
The Book Publishing and Sales Operations Coordinator will manage all day-to-day business operations for Evening Post Books, an independent book publishing company specializing in titles about the South Carolina Low country.
- Oversee production process from manuscript to bound book including editing, proofing, layout and overall design of all printings. Ensure all key deadlines are met.
Develop annual budget for division as well as budgets for each title.
Manage all freelance employees. Draft contracts and agreements for authors.
Source B2B sales leads and schedule field sales appointments with national retailers, wholesale outlets, and local stores to discuss carrying EPB titles. Create custom high dollar packages for potential clients for commercial print jobs.
Schedule major launch events and subsequent signings and author press appearances. Draft and send press releases to local and national media contacts and follow up with contacts. Communicate with local media to have author signings and EPB events listed in local calendars.
Develop unique marketing strategies for each title. Build brand awareness and promote new title releases through digital and print advertising campaigns.
Manage all social media accounts, including but not limited to Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, and build relationships with key influencers.
Source and contract at least four new book projects per fiscal year. Develop proposals for new titles to present in meetings.
Manage order fulfillment for all sales accounts including from the website, Amazon and purchase orders. Process credit card transactions for phone orders. Process and ship all orders and schedule local deliveries as needed.
Prepare sales/inventory tracking reports monthly and as requested.
Invoice all sales accounts and prepare sales reports for the Business Office. Approve invoices for payment.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements, minimum education level, and experience:
- A four-year college degree in a relevant field such as English, Communications or Journalism or two years equivalent experience marketing and distribution experience
Two (2) years of book publishing experience
Established media contacts
A proven track record of meeting sales goals
Experience with commercial book publishing a plus
Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed monthly for events
Dependable transportation and a valid South Carolina driver’s license and proof of insurance
Previous management experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Excellent proof reading skills
Ability to meet tight deadlines
Ability to work alone with minimal supervision
Knowledge of AP and Chicago Style
Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, Google Analytics, and Adobe Creative Suite. Knowledge of QuickBooks and Constant Contact a plus
Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present ideas persuasively in verbal and written forms
Excellent interpersonal, diplomacy, problem solving and customer service skills
Ability to establish and maintain business relationships
Positive, professional demeanor, strong work ethic and passion for the job and its opportunities
Physical Requirements, Work Environment and Travel:
- Ability to frequently sit for extended periods of time
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision & depth perception
- Must be able to bend and stoop, and lift/carry up to 50 pounds (per safety policy).
- The worker is generally subject to inside environmental conditions, which provide protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. However, sometimes the worker is subject to outside weather conditions.
- Local travel is required.