Website Post and Courier
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Manages all aspects of the Service Desk, including daily operations, staff management, scheduling, staff development, team building, change management, and process development. This is a technical position with on call responsibilities. Manages a group of 5 to 7.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Tasked with day-to-day Service Desk management and workflow. In addition, this role performs the following duties. Computer or software consultations with users; documentation, analysis, and testing of computer systems, change and configuration management, follows problem escalation procedures, can operate as a single point of contact (SPOC) for specific clients, and provides, as necessary, service level agreements (SLA). This position also tracks all incoming problems and their resolution.
- Oversee 100% of the requests, incidents and problems. Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues. Act as escalation point for all requests and incidents. Develop and mature phone/ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization. Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers.
Manage the overall desk activities, including the Analysts (Both Support and System)
Act as a further escalation point for the Analysts
Take on a wider customer service role
Report to senior managers on any issue that could significantly impact EPI365 or a client
Take overall responsibility for incident management and request fulfillment on the Service Desk. This could also be expanded to any other activity taken on by the Service Desk – e.g. monitoring certain classes of events.
Ensuring that staffing and skill levels are maintained throughout operational hours by managing shift staffing schedules, etc.
Acting as an escalation point where difficult or controversial calls are received
Representing the Service Desk at meetings
Arranging staff training and awareness sessions
Liaising with senior management
Coordinating with internal groups, such as Networks and Project Management
Performing briefings to Service Desk staff on changes or deployments that may affect volumes at the Service Desk
Assisting Analysts in providing first line support when workloads are high, or where additional experience is required.
Producing statistics and management reports
Other duties as assigned by management
Requirements, minimum education level, and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (four-year College or technical school) preferred, Field of Study: Computer Science, Computer Software or related field.
5 plus years of experience in Information Technology, technical support management role or related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thrive in a fast-paced, growth environment
Knowledge of troubleshooting in a diverse support environment
Communicate clearly and concisely, both written and verbal, to a variety of audiences
Ability to gather, analyze and interpret data; and identify, define and resolve problems
Ability to articulate the importance of the customer experience and can bring others along on your journey for increasingly positive results, balancing business needs and customer expectations
Ability to work with customers and co-workers in time-sensitive, high stress environments.
Ability to multi-task
Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
Remains cool under pressure
Proactive and highly organized approach to work
Work independently to provide phone and field support for all technical support issues
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time; close eye work on computer screen; required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, bend and stoop.
- Regularly work in physically demanding environments that may involve heavy lifting, working in tight or confined spaces, and working for long hours.